How many cliches can a student fit into a single page?
- People should be open-minded.
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to religion.
- People can choose for themselves what they want to believe.
- America is the land of complete religious freedom.
- Religion is divisive when it enters politics.
- Good religion goes bad when it is used to manipulate people.
- Narrow-minded fundamentalists are those people who really believe in their religion.
- People are arrogant when they believe their religion is the right one.
Eight. Apparently a student can fit eight cliches into one page.
Don’t you love how ze moves from “people shouldn’t be judgmental” to an obviously judgmental rhetoric? None of these cliches are useful for thinking critically about religion.